myfox8.com

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WSOC-TV) — Paramedics had to take six people to area hospitals Saturday afternoon after they showed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at a west Charlotte church.

Officials said most the people who became sick at Shiloh Institutional Baptist church on Greenwood Avenue were taken to Carolinas Medical Center and one other was taken to Novant Presbyterian. All were expected to be OK.

Firefighters told Channel 9 that there was a small gathering of people at the church Saturday and a few of them started feeling dizzy and nauseous around 2 p.m.

When firefighters arrived at the church, officials said they noticed an odd smell and found abnormally high and potentially deadly levels of carbon monoxide.

Firefighters said they thought the carbon monoxide leak had come from the heating system in the church.

First responders treated 10 other people at the church but they did not need to…

View original post 38 more words

Advertisements